Woodlands COVID-19 Policy
Woodlands Medical Specialists remains open and continues to closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus. We strongly encourage patients who are NOT experiencing flu-like symptoms to continue with their prescribed treatment regimen and to practice good hygiene and limit social encounters.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, or if you fear you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please do not come into the office before calling your Woodlands provider. Your health care provider will be able to provide you with further instructions by phone.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
We have implemented more stringent safety procedures in an effort to keep our patients and staff safe and limit exposure to illness. Please prepare for your upcoming appointment by taking the following steps:
- All patients must wear a face covering prior to entering the facility. Face coverings are required at all times while inside the building.
- Arrive 10 minutes earlier to your appointment and be prepared to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Refrain from bringing company with you to your appointment. To encourage social distancing, we have limited access to our facilities. Patients may bring one adult guest to accompany them to their appointment, but we encourage patients to come alone when possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath, call your Woodlands provider prior to your appointment: (850) 696-4000.
- If you have been tested for the COVID-19 virus within the last 2 weeks, please bring your test results with you to your appointment. If you do not have or know your results, please call our offices prior to your appointment for further instructions.
How Woodlands Is Responding To The Virus
The safety of our patients and employees is our number one concern. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and are staying up-to-date on the on the latest news and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have emphasized an array of preventative measures to protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness. In addition to screening all guests prior to entering our facility, we have also:
- Implemented an internal COVID-19 task force that is continuing to closely monitor the situation.
- Implemented mandatory, regular screenings for all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout our practice for patient and employees to use frequently, in addition to handwashing.
- Implemented more stringent and frequent anti-viral cleaning of all surfaces within all practice locations including the removal of unnecessary modes of transmission (such as magazines in waiting areas).
- Mandated that all employees feeling unwell stay home.
- Mandated that all employees wear facemasks.
- Asked that all patients experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home from their appointment and contact their primary care provider for additional instructions.
Symptoms Of COVID-19
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus are similar to the flu and typically appear 2-14 days after exposure. Some of the symptoms include:
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches or Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
The CDC recommends that patients exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus isolate themselves for a period of 14 days to prevent infecting others and consult a physician.
We urge you to turn to trusted, reliable sources for information about COVID-19, to help you avoid misinformation. It is important to understand the facts to avoid unnecessary or misplaced fear. We recommend these websites:
COVID-19 News & Information
What others say about us
"Thank you for the help provided during my attendance at the Woodlands "Academy of Radiation". The friendly and professional manner in which you performed your duties is most appreciated. I truly looked forward to my treatment everyday."
"Angie and her team are very knowledgeable and great to work with. Individualized plan and tools to help me stay on track."
"Dr. Snow is caring, kind and takes time to listen to me as a patient. I’ve been seeing her for nearly 20 years and she’s always treated me well and respectfully!"
"I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Joudeh. He has an exceptional intellect and 5 star personality. I came to him with stage 3 lung cancer and a history of renal problems. His treatment plan not only had immediate benefits but his dosing strategy made side effects a minimum. I never got sick and my other condition were kept in check. I would recommend him to anyone and consider myself lucky to have found him."
"Dr. Wolters is very professional, personal, knowledgeable and has a wonderful sense of humor!! He explains what he is going to suggest you have done and is very open to explain any concerns you have before and after the operation. I will highly recommend Dr. Wolters to anyone!!"
"Saw Dr. Inclan for my new diagnosis of DCIS. He explained everything about the plan for my treatment. I am a retired RN with 44 years of experience. I would highly recommend him."
"I received courteous and professional care from Dr. Wolters and his staff. I was diagnosed with cancer in October 2017, Dr. Wolters performed the surgery to remove my cancer. He kept me informed throughout the process and provided compassionate care . I am a completely satisfied patient and would highly recommend Dr. Wolters!"
“I recently switched to Woodlands and discovered they provide the BEST Urology care anywhere in the area.”
"Everyone from the reception to the lab nurse, to the young man that did my CT scan were all super nice. They kept a check on me constantly after the dye in my veins because I had a bad allergic reaction when I had it done years ago. I couldn't have asked to have been treated better."
"I’ve been seeing Dr. Miley for 25 years. Most of my family members go to her as well. She truly cares about her patients and always takes the time to really listen."