Woodlands COVID-19 Policy
Woodlands Medical Specialists remains open and continues to closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus. We strongly encourage patients who are NOT experiencing flu-like symptoms to continue with their prescribed treatment regimen and to practice good hygiene and limit social encounters.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, or if you have been exposed to the coronavirus, please do not come into the office before calling your Woodlands provider. Your provider will provide you with instructions or accomodations by phone.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
We have implemented more stringent safety procedures in an effort to keep our patients and staff safe and limit exposure to illness. Please prepare for your upcoming appointment by taking the following steps:
- All patients and visitors must wear a face covering at all times inside our facility.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to your appointment and be prepared to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
- Refrain from bringing company with you to your appointment. To encourage social distancing, we have limited access to our facilities. Patients may bring one adult guest to accompany them to their appointment, but we encourage patients to come alone when possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath, call your Woodlands provider prior to your appointment: (850) 696-4000.
- If you have been tested for the COVID-19 virus within the last 2 weeks, please bring your test results with you to your appointment. If you do not have or know your results, please call our offices prior to your appointment for further instructions.
How Woodlands Is Responding To The Virus
The safety of our patients and employees is our number one concern. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and are staying up-to-date on the on the latest news and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have emphasized an array of preventative measures to protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness. In addition to screening all guests prior to entering our facility, we have also:
- Implemented an internal COVID-19 task force that is continuing to closely monitor the situation.
- Implemented mandatory, regular screenings for all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout our practice for patient and employees to use frequently, in addition to handwashing.
- Implemented more stringent and frequent anti-viral cleaning of all surfaces within all practice locations including the removal of unnecessary modes of transmission (such as magazines in waiting areas).
- Mandated that all employees feeling unwell stay home.
- Mandated that all employees wear facemasks.
- Asked that all patients experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home from their appointment and contact their primary care provider for additional instructions.
Symptoms Of COVID-19
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus are similar to the flu and typically appear 2-14 days after exposure. Some of the symptoms include:
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches or Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
The CDC recommends that patients exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus isolate themselves for a period of 14 days to prevent infecting others and consult a physician.
We urge you to turn to trusted, reliable sources for information about COVID-19, to help you avoid misinformation. It is important to understand the facts to avoid unnecessary or misplaced fear. We recommend these websites:
COVID-19 News & Information
Flu Season is Still Here - Flu Shots Available
Flu Shots Available
Flu season is not over; according to the CDC, flu activity peaks through February, but can last as late as May.
Woodlands is still offering flu vaccinations at patients’ requests. Speak with your provider to see if this is right for you.
What others say about us
"Dr. Snow is caring, kind and takes time to listen to me as a patient. I’ve been seeing her for nearly 20 years and she’s always treated me well and respectfully!"
"Everyone from the reception to the lab nurse, to the young man that did my CT scan were all super nice. They kept a check on me constantly after the dye in my veins because I had a bad allergic reaction when I had it done years ago. I couldn't have asked to have been treated better."
"I want to express my gratitude for the wonderful care I received from your Breast Imaging staff. I want to commend Dr. Vassiliades and her staff for their professionalism, compassion, and patience. Even though I was frightened and nervous, I felt I was in the right place for this procedure and in very good hands. You have a great team in your Breast Imaging Center and my husband and I are both very grateful to have access to Woodlands Medical Center's physicians and services."
“I think your concierges are so wonderful and helpful. They help get my parents out of the car each time and always remember their names. Out of all the places we go to for medical care, Woodlands is absolutely the nicest helping all the patients and the nicest facility.”
"Saw Dr. Inclan for my new diagnosis of DCIS. He explained everything about the plan for my treatment. I am a retired RN with 44 years of experience. I would highly recommend him."
"Angie and her team are very knowledgeable and great to work with. Individualized plan and tools to help me stay on track."
"Thank you for the help provided during my attendance at the Woodlands "Academy of Radiation". The friendly and professional manner in which you performed your duties is most appreciated. I truly looked forward to my treatment everyday."
"I’ve been seeing Dr. Miley for 25 years. Most of my family members go to her as well. She truly cares about her patients and always takes the time to really listen."
"I received courteous and professional care from Dr. Wolters and his staff. I was diagnosed with cancer in October 2017, Dr. Wolters performed the surgery to remove my cancer. He kept me informed throughout the process and provided compassionate care . I am a completely satisfied patient and would highly recommend Dr. Wolters!"
"Dr. Wolters is very professional, personal, knowledgeable and has a wonderful sense of humor!! He explains what he is going to suggest you have done and is very open to explain any concerns you have before and after the operation. I will highly recommend Dr. Wolters to anyone!!"