Updated July 17, 2020
Face Masks are Required.
- Come prepared to your appointment by bringing an appropriate face covering.
Guests are Not Permitted.
- To promote social distancing and limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus, guests may not accompany patients to appointments at this time.
- In the circumstance where a caregiver is absolutely necessary, special authorization will need to be obtained in advance by calling (850) 696-4000.
- If guests do accompany patients to our practice, they will be asked to wait in their vehicle or outside while the patient is inside the facility for their appointment.
- Patients are asked not to bring children or other guests who are not able to wait in their vehicle unattended.
- If you have been tested for the COVID-19 virus in the last 2 weeks, and do not have or know your test results, please contact our offices before your appointment. (850) 696-4000
Woodlands COVID-19 Policy
Woodlands Medical Specialists remains open and continues to closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus. We strongly encourage patients who are NOT experiencing flu-like symptoms to continue with their prescribed treatment regimen and to practice good hygiene and limit social encounters.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, or if you fear you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please do not come into the office before calling your Woodlands provider. Your health care provider will be able to provide you with further instructions by phone.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
We have implemented more stringent safety procedures in an effort to keep our patients and staff safe and limit exposure to illness. Please prepare for your upcoming appointment by taking the following steps:
- All patients must wear a face covering prior to entering the facility. Face coverings are required at all times while inside the building.
- Arrive 10 minutes earlier to your appointment and be prepared to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Do not bring company with you to your appointment. In the circumstance where the assistance of a caregivers is absolutely necessary, special authorization from our offices needs to be obtained in advance. (850) 696-4000.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath, call your Woodlands provider prior to your appointment: (850) 696-4000.
- If you have been tested for the COVID-19 virus within the last 2 weeks, please bring your test results with you to your appointment. If you do not have or know your results, please call our offices prior to your appointment for further instructions.
How Woodlands Is Responding To The Virus
The safety of our patients and employees is our number one concern. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and are staying up-to-date on the on the latest news and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have emphasized an array of preventative measures to protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness. In addition to screening all guests prior to entering our facility, we have also:
- Implemented an internal COVID-19 task force that is continuing to closely monitor the situation.
- Implemented mandatory, regular screenings for all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout our practice for patient and employees to use frequently, in addition to handwashing.
- Implemented more stringent and frequent anti-viral cleaning of all surfaces within all practice locations including the removal of unnecessary modes of transmission (such as magazines in waiting areas).
- Mandated that all employees feeling unwell stay home.
- Mandated that all employees wear facemasks.
- Asked that all patients experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home from their appointment and contact their primary care provider for additional instructions.
Symptoms Of COVID-19
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus are similar to the flu and typically appear 2-14 days after exposure. Some of the symptoms include:
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches or Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
The CDC recommends that patients exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus isolate themselves for a period of 14 days to prevent infecting others and consult a physician.
We urge you to turn to trusted, reliable sources for information about COVID-19, to help you avoid misinformation. It is important to understand the facts to avoid unnecessary or misplaced fear. We recommend these websites:
COVID-19 News & Information
What others say about us
"Thank you for the help provided during my attendance at the Woodlands "Academy of Radiation". The friendly and professional manner in which you performed your duties is most appreciated. I truly looked forward to my treatment everyday."
"Dr. Wolters is very professional, personal, knowledgeable and has a wonderful sense of humor!! He explains what he is going to suggest you have done and is very open to explain any concerns you have before and after the operation. I will highly recommend Dr. Wolters to anyone!!"
"Everyone from the reception to the lab nurse, to the young man that did my CT scan were all super nice. They kept a check on me constantly after the dye in my veins because I had a bad allergic reaction when I had it done years ago. I couldn't have asked to have been treated better."
"I’ve been seeing Dr. Miley for 25 years. Most of my family members go to her as well. She truly cares about her patients and always takes the time to really listen."
“I recently switched to Woodlands and discovered they provide the BEST Urology care anywhere in the area.”
"I received courteous and professional care from Dr. Wolters and his staff. I was diagnosed with cancer in October 2017, Dr. Wolters performed the surgery to remove my cancer. He kept me informed throughout the process and provided compassionate care . I am a completely satisfied patient and would highly recommend Dr. Wolters!"
"Saw Dr. Inclan for my new diagnosis of DCIS. He explained everything about the plan for my treatment. I am a retired RN with 44 years of experience. I would highly recommend him."
"Upon learning that I had prostate cancer, I really did not know what to expect, even though I was well informed by my doctor and did lots of research. My final decision of radiation therapy was my choice of treatment. From the very first day I entered the Radiation Therapy department, I had a feeling I was in the right place and in good hands. Meeting with the doctor each week added to my confidence level, along with the professional staff. I cannot praise them enough for their professionalism and support during this unsettling time for me. I cannot begin to thank them enough for helping me through this part of my journey."
“I think your concierges are so wonderful and helpful. They help get my parents out of the car each time and always remember their names. Out of all the places we go to for medical care, Woodlands is absolutely the nicest helping all the patients and the nicest facility.”
"Dr. Cruz takes his time with you, listens, and makes you feel comfortable. He has given the best care since my living in Pensacola. If you email or leave a message he always gets back to you. I have even gotten a call in the evening."