Woodlands Medical Specialists is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving public health concern surrounding the COVID-19 virus. We strongly encourage patients who are NOT experiencing flu-like symptoms to continue with their prescribed treatment regimen and to practice good hygiene and limit social encounters to limit exposure to illness. Facemasks are not recommended for patients not experiencing flu-like symptoms.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, or if you fear you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please do not come into the office before calling your Woodlands provider. Your health care provider will be able to provide you with further instructions by phone.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
Though we are still treating patients, we have implemented more stringent procedures in order to keep our patients safe and limit exposure to illness. Please prepare for your upcoming appointment by taking the following steps:
- Arrive 10 minutes earlier to your appointment and be prepared to complete our COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Do not bring guests with you to your appointment. Nonessential guests will be invited to wait outside or in their vehicles during your appointment. Guests are not permitted into the facility to wait. In an effort to limit the amount of people gathered in our practice, we have removed the additional seating from our waiting areas.
- If at all possible, avoid bringing children or sick guests with you to your appointment.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath, call your Woodlands provider prior to your appointment: (850) 696-4000.
- If you have been previously tested for the COVID-19 virus, please bring your test results with you to your appointment.
How Woodlands Is Responding To The Virus
The safety of our patients and employees is our number one concern. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and are staying up-to-date on the on the latest news and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have emphasized an array of preventative measures to protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness. In addition to screening all guests prior to entering our facility, we have also:
- Implemented an internal COVID-19 task force that is continuously monitoring the situation.
- Implemented mandatory, regular screenings for all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout our practice for patient and employees to use frequently, in addition to handwashing.
- Implemented more stringent and frequent anti-viral cleaning of all surfaces within all practice locations including the removal of unnecessary modes of transmission (such as magazines in waiting areas).
- Mandated that all employees feeling unwell stay home.
- Asked that all patients experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home from their appointment and contact their primary care provider for additional instructions.
Symptoms Of COVID-19
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus are similar to the flu and typically appear 2-14 days after exposure. Some of the symptoms include:
- Cough or Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches or Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
The CDC recommends that patients exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus isolate themselves for a period of 14 days to prevent infecting others and consult a physician.
We urge you to turn to trusted, reliable sources for information about COVID-19, to help you avoid misinformation. It is important to understand the facts to avoid unnecessary or misplaced fear. We recommend these websites:
COVID-19 News & Information
What others say about us
"They took the best care of my Daddy today. They are wonderful. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!"
"I want to express my gratitude for the wonderful care I received from your Breast Imaging staff. I want to commend Dr. Vassiliades and her staff for their professionalism, compassion, and patience. Even though I was frightened and nervous, I felt I was in the right place for this procedure and in very good hands. You have a great team in your Breast Imaging Center and my husband and I are both very grateful to have access to Woodlands Medical Center's physicians and services."
"Thank you ALL for being so professional, kind and gracious to my father during his radiation course. We could not have asked for anything more."
"Dr. Wolters is very professional, personal, knowledgeable and has a wonderful sense of humor!! He explains what he is going to suggest you have done and is very open to explain any concerns you have before and after the operation. I will highly recommend Dr. Wolters to anyone!!"
"We moved to the Pensacola area and became a patient of Dr. Owera. He immediately put us at ease and gave us hope."
"Upon learning that I had prostate cancer, I really did not know what to expect, even though I was well informed by my doctor and did lots of research. My final decision of radiation therapy was my choice of treatment. From the very first day I entered the Radiation Therapy department, I had a feeling I was in the right place and in good hands. Meeting with the doctor each week added to my confidence level, along with the professional staff. I cannot praise them enough for their professionalism and support during this unsettling time for me. I cannot begin to thank them enough for helping me through this part of my journey."
"Thank you for the help provided during my attendance at the Woodlands "Academy of Radiation". The friendly and professional manner in which you performed your duties is most appreciated. I truly looked forward to my treatment everyday."
"I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Joudeh. He has an exceptional intellect and 5 star personality. I came to him with stage 3 lung cancer and a history of renal problems. His treatment plan not only had immediate benefits but his dosing strategy made side effects a minimum. I never got sick and my other condition were kept in check. I would recommend him to anyone and consider myself lucky to have found him."
"I received courteous and professional care from Dr. Wolters and his staff. I was diagnosed with cancer in October 2017, Dr. Wolters performed the surgery to remove my cancer. He kept me informed throughout the process and provided compassionate care . I am a completely satisfied patient and would highly recommend Dr. Wolters!"
"My mother-n-law is a patient at the Woodlands and I wanted to tell you how appreciative I am of the attendance at the front door. They are courteous, attentive and remembers the patient names."