ROBOTIC VS. TRADITIONAL SURGERY
Our surgeons provide traditional and robotic-assisted surgical procedures for urological conditions. Our areas of special interest include minimally invasive surgery/laparoscopy, advanced endoscopic surgery and the use of the daVinci® Surgical System. Not all procedures can be done robotically, and not all patients are candidates for procedures that can be performed robotically. Only you and your surgeon can decide if robotic-assisted surgery is right for you.
With robotic-assisted surgery, surgeons make a few small incisions – similar to traditional laparoscopy. The da Vinci® Surgical System features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system and tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human wrist. These features enable surgeons to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.
- What are the pros and cons of each surgical options?
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
- How soon can I return to my normal activities?
- Which approach is best at controlling cancer?
- How many robotic-assisted surgeries has your surgeon performed?
|Monday – Friday||8:00a – 5:00p|