The health and safety of our community is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and are staying up-to-date on the on the latest news and information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have emphasized an array of preventative measures to protect our patients and staff from exposure to illness. Some of these measures include:
- Implemented screening protocols for all patients and visitors upon entering the facility
- Implemented an internal COVID-19 task force that is continuously monitoring the situation
- Implemented mandatory, regular screenings for all employees, contractors and vendors
- Implemented more stringent and frequent anti-viral cleaning of all surfaces within all practice locations including the removal of unnecessary modes of transmission (such as magazines in waiting areas)
- Mandated that all employees feeling unwell stay home
- Asked that all patients experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home from their appointment and contact their primary care provider for additional instructions
To protect our vulnerable patients, we ask for the following from all patients and visitors:
- Please limit the number of caregivers you bring with you to your appointment to one
- Please refrain from bringing sick guests or children with you to your appointment, if at all possible
- Please call your Woodlands’ provider prior to your appointment if you answer “yes” to both of the following questions:
- Question 1: Have you or someone you have been in contact with tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, or have recently traveled domestically or internationally, including on a cruise ship or through a major airport?
- Questions 2: Are you experiencing symptoms of a cough, fever or shortness of breath?
If you are concerned that you might be infected by the COVID-19 virus, or if you meet the combination of criteria listed in the questions above, please stay home from your appointment and call your primary care provider. Your primary care provider will be able to provide you with further instructions and will be able to guide you on appropriate testing and treatment regimens.
If you are feeling well enough for your appointment and you do not have a combination of flu-like symptoms and recent travel history, please arrive a few minutes early to your appointment to adjust for our screening questionnaires.
Thank you for your understanding and for your help in keeping our community safe and healthy.