Woodlands Medical Specialists is the only specialty urology practice in the Pensacola area and the Gulf Coast region to offer the MonaLisa Touch¬†Therapy.
Woodlands Urologist, Dr. Ashley King, is the only fellowship trained urologist in our area to offer the special fractional CO2 laser designed to help women who are suffering from changes in their vaginal health. This innovative procedure has been changing the lives of post-menopausal women and breast cancer survivors suffering from vaginal atrophy.¬†After menopause, when estrogen levels decline, many women experience changes that can significantly¬†affect their quality of life. And, studies show that only 25% of women seek help from their doctor.
Woodlands Urology now offers a¬†laser therapy for women experiencing changes in their vaginal health that can provide lasting relief. The MonaLisa Touch therapy is quick, requires no anesthesia and it is now¬†available to you.
An FDA Approved Non-Surgical and Non-Hormonal Procedure
Improves a Women’s Sexual Well-Being and Overall Quality of Life
Hear What Other Women Are Saying¬†About the MonaLisa Touch – Click Here¬†
Are You A Candidate?
The MonaLisa Touch¬ģ is appropriate for any female who is experiencing post-menopausal vaginal symptoms after menopause, hysterectomy or breast cancer treatments. This therapy is particularly well suited for patients who cannot use estrogen therapy, prefer to avoid estrogen therapy, or who have persistent symptoms despite estrogen therapy. The MonaLisa Touch¬ģ delivers gentle fractional CO2 laser to the vaginal wall tissue. It restores vaginal health by generating new collagen, elastin and vascularization.¬†Are you experiencing any of these vaginal health symptoms:
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal burning and itching
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse (Dyspareunia)
- Prevention for recurrent urinary tract infections
The MonaLisa Touch should be considered for women¬†that have a decline in estrogen, for women experiencing symptoms as a result of menopause or a hysterectomy and for breast cancer patients. Considerations include:
- Women who are advised to avoid all estrogens, specifically breast cancer patients
- Women who prefer not to use any hormones at all
- Women who are not getting relief from of their vaginal atrophy symptoms due to creams and medications
- Women who are inconvenienced with the need to use vaginal products week after week and find that creams are irritating and messy
How It Works – (Download Frequently Asked Questions)
The MonaLisa Touch delivers gentle laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue that stimulates a healing response by generating new collagen, elastin and vascularization. A typical course of treatment is three procedures over 18 weeks.
- In-office procedure
- Requires no anesthesia
- No downtime
- Minimal side effects
- Each treatment is <5 minutes
- 8 Published Studies
- 6 Ongoing Studies
- Thousands of women have been treated worldwide since 2012
Video & Testimonials
- Learn more about The MonaLisa Touch¬†and hear first hand from patients that have received treatments – click here
- Read articles about The MonaLisa Touch – click here
- For more information, please contact our MonaLisa Touch Patient Navigator at 850-696-4444 to find out if the MonaLisa Touch is right for you. Click here to send us an¬†email¬†and our MonaLisa Touch¬†Patient Navigator will give you a call.